Thursday, August 02, 2012

to my friend, with love.


Today is a special day. A day that I have never once forgotten in the last 13 years of knowing the special person that this special day is all about.  

It’s my friend, Summer’s birthday.  Some of you know her as Running Chatter.  I take responsibility for giving her the college nickname of Sumo.  In stature, she resembles the furthest thing from a sumo wrestler that you could imagine.  But, in spirit, I think she is stronger and more courageous than any sumo wrestler I know.   

And, trust me, I know a LOT of them.   

Also when I think of sumo wrestlers, I imagine them to be soft and gentle on the inside; they all seem to have such kind eyes, in my opinion.  Well, at least the ones I know.  So, my friend is like a reversed sumo wrestler – genuine and real on the outside and big and strong on the inside.  

I composed a little something else for her husband’s Blog Takeover for her big day so you can go read that too if you'd like.  Today, my friend, we celebrate and love you.  I hope it doesn’t feel too differently from all of the other days of the year.  I’m beyond grateful that you ended up in my life and have stood by my side, cheering for me for all these years.  

Love, me 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss, you have blown me away today with your love and your kindness. I just don't know what to say.

Thank you for the words. . . all the words you shared today. Oh, Miss, I know you know it but can it ever be said too much. . . ?

. . . I'm so much better for having you in my life.

Thank you for ALL your touching words today. You've had me weeping more than a few times today. (Happy tears. Thankful tears.)

I love you.

Unknown said...

One more thing. . . I love the Sumo analogy.

you truly are a gifted writer. You really are.

:)

Chad said...

Classic, Miss...absolutely classic! Thanks for playing along with mine as well!

Wrestling Kitties said...

So sweet :)