Monday, March 17, 2008

and another one....

another conversation, LAST weekend, when i went to pick up my dry-cleaning.
Safe Driver Cashier (after she made a mistake ringing me up): I'm SORRY! I totally hit the wrong button!
Me: It's cool, I'm not in a hurry, really.
SDC: Yeah, I was out REALLY late last night taking my 12 year-old daughter and her friend to a concert and taking the friend home and I didn't get to be until 3 am!
Me: OH! Well, you must be exhausted, I'm sure.
SDC: Yes! The funny thing is that this was one of the first times I was driving home sober from a concert because I had the kids in the car and all!
Me (walking out the door by now, she's still chatting - I offer a courtesy laugh of sorts): Ok, well have a good day and get some rest!

DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE THE WRONGNESS OF HER THINKING THAT SHE IS BEING SAFE BY ONLY WORRYING ABOUT HER OWN CHILDREN IN THE CAR?!?! i only thought of this after i left, but i wanted to say, "thanks for keeping your own kids safe THIS TIME when all the other times you were driving while drunk and putting yourself and others at risk!"
people are so interesting sometimes, aren't they?

3 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

Seriously, thanks for driving drunk all those other times!

These two posts make me laugh but also make me wonder.....why do people feel the need to just talk about anything and everything to complete strangers?! Maybe that is the answer there, they are strangers and don't ever expect to see them again....but come on folks, learn what small talk really is!

Sad Panda said...

I think that this may be due to the fact that some people like hearing their own voice. Or no longer have that filter in their brain that says, "Wait! This isn't your best friend who knows all your dirty tidbits! This is a complete stranger and will probably go write about your stupidity on a blog. Don't become a blog legend!"

I also think it's hilarious when people talk about personal issues on their cell phones while in public. It all just makes me shake my head and listen closer.

Iris Took said...

There are many things wrong with this. First and foremost: diarrhea of the mouth. Why do people tend to tell total strangers this stuff? Sorry you had to hear this person's conscience.