Tuesday, March 18, 2008

not kidding


ok, i flipped on the Today show this morning and sat down to eat my cereal. the local weather broke in, just after Al predictably said "...and here's what's happening in your neck of the woods..."
and what ensued next was so very odd to me:
the local female weather forecaster was wearing a denim skirt exactly like the one in the picture. i'm NOT kidding. she had this really short skirt on with a t-shirt. all i could do was look at her thighs, in horror. not because they were bad thighs, but because i could SEE ALL OF THEM and i could NOT believe that she was dressed like this. i just didn't get it.

6 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

Well I guess that is one way to wake people up in the morning!

Totally not appropriate work attire, especially for her job.

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

That makes me feel awkward for them. Ugh.

I've noticed that local newscasters must pick out their own outfits from home. Because the people on the Today show are dressed pretty nicely. But the local ones always have ill fitting suits (non-tailored). I'd be spending a heck of a lot of money on clothes if hundreds/thousands of people were going to critique me every morning. NOT a jean shirt! That's for darn sure.

Sad Panda said...

I've notice an onslaught of attractive female weather-people dressing like this. I think it's becoming a fad to have a good-looking woman do the weather or such. It gets men to tune into the Today show, which I think is considerably viewed by women, just to get a look at the hottie.

Mickey D. said...

Classy AND professional.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I always thought news persons should look good at least from the waist up, apparently THAT lady subscribes to that school of reasoning, as well.

Iris Took said...

Trendy does not have to mean short skirts. Does anyone know what the term "age appropriate" means any more?