Thursday, January 10, 2013

bad blogger loves fall turns into winter...what?!


i need to get back on the wagon, friends and with the new (and LAST!!) semester of school about to start and work (hopefully) about to be a BIT slower in the next few weeks, i am nearly positive that i can get a bit better.

so, i thought i'd start with a Year in Review type post.

1). my favorite movie was Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom.  there seem to be like 13 movies in theaters currently that i just am in need of free time

2). while i didn't get to travel too many exotic places this year, i was able to do my several trips back to Ohio, a couple of trips to see my friends in Florida, Asheville NC, and visited Cape May, NJ for the first time ever; what a lovely place that was.

3). i got to see some rock shows: Coldplay, my Avett Brothers, Bruce Springsteen, and the Lumineers/Dave Matthews just recently.  all extremely good experiences.

4). life: consisted mostly of 3 grad school classes, commuting 2 hours to work a time or two a week, working an insanely busy job and attempting to stay sane from the juggling act of it all.  the good news is that i made it and i hope to never recreate the busy-ness of that 15 weeks; there is no bad news.

5). i have friends and family who make me happy and keep me grounded and let me know they care and love me.  for that, i am grateful.

6). i haven't been posting quite as much on the blog mostly because of point 4 above.  however, i started another blog with some friends (a private one, just more or less for the 4 of us to keep in touch about being single and dating, etc) and for some stupid reason when i write on THIS blog, it comes up as "world class single" who is posting.  that is the name of the other blog.  all of the girls are spanning parts of the globe, so i created the "world" part, they are classy and, well, we're single.  and it really bothers me that it publishes here as "WCS" instead of Tropy Life.  i'm TL, darn it.

7). i haven't really ever used this blog to talk about my dating/love lives, but i have been dating a guy for about 4 months.  i think in some ways, it's at a pretty typical we've-been-dating-for-4-months-stage... still a bit new, but not totally so, and the true colors are coming out.  i have no prediction about which direction this relationship will take.  we shall see.

8).  in what i think was/is the weirdest story of the year regarding the single/dating situation is that i randomly met a pilot on one of my flights to Florida.  he was living in Texas.  we chatted, he ended up delaying his own flight (he was a passenger, not the pilot) for 5 hours to sit and chat with me for another 45 minutes before i ended my layover and took my next flight.  we stayed in touch via phone and he actually came to see me for like 12 hours one day in the late summer.  then... he fell off the face of the planet.  i truly was not affected the greatly, it was just one of those odd things that i accepted as, well, odd.

9). my gray hairs seem to be multiplying these days.

10). i resolve in 2013 to: buy no clothing with stripes on it, get into some type of better shape and possibly run the Columbus (OH) half marathon for a third time this spring.  my school/work/balance in the next few weeks will determine whether i get my act going, but i'm hoping i can do it.

happy 2013!!   i got into this year with a bit of an indifferent attitude for some reason, but want to determine that it is a year of positive change.  for myself, my family and friends/loved ones.  i am feeling change on the horizon.  new jobs, houses, babies, etc.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy when I see TL has posted.

Yay! Welcome back for as long (or as short) as you are back.

I can only imagine what the WCS blog is like. . . but I'm guessing I would laugh a lot.

I miss you (still) and was so happy to spend some face to face time with you this week.

Safe travels my Friend!

Iris Took said...

You are a busy gal! Good to see a post from you.

Moonrise was incredible. Jealous you got to see the Boss.

Wrestling Kitties said...

Hi!

I have sucked at blogging too...but it is nice to see you back!!

1. Ok, I have never heard of this movie! I need to get out of this rock I seem to be under.

2. YAY for traveling!

3. Those sound like fun concerts. Quick story, I took my sister to Dave Matthews Band concert outside when she was maybe 13 or so. She got to experience them and all the people around us smoking weed for the first time...heehee!! :)

4. I don't know how you do/did that! Glad you are done with that!

5. :-)

6. HA! I wondered who that was at first! Fun blog

7. How exciting!! Enjoy this time with him and hope you are having fun! Yeah, the 4 - 7 month period was always a weird one!

8. THAT is totally the beginning of a Hallmark movie! Well except in the Hallmark version you would meet up again. :) Too crazy and funny!

9. While I don't have those yet, I seem to be growing a beard now! WTF. Apparently I am getting "old" and my mom said she started getting those tiny hairs on her face around my age....but she didn't get gray hairs. UM, I will take the grays!! heehee

10. You can do it!! 2013 is the year I get my shit together! :)

Happy 2013 :)

General Blog said...

This article are supper help full if you want to know more about Best Trophy Store then please click here. Trophy Store: Buy Trophies, Awards, mementos and sports Medals Online